- MUSIC: (BRIDGE)THE DREAM TEAM
- NARRATOR: Yes, friends! It’s time for Radio Drama Today’s story: “The Birthday.” (PAUSE). Rose and Marry want to surprise their friend on her birthday. Just sit and listen carefully, okay?
- MUSIC: (bridge)the dream team.
SCENE ONE: INT. MARRY’S HOUSE – DAY
(NARRATOR, MARRY, ROSE)
- sound: DOOR KNOCK.
- NARRATOR: Marry wakes up from her sweet dream. She goes to the door.
- MARRY: (YAWN) Okay, I’m coming….
- SOUND: DOOR OPEN.
- MARRY: (GOES BACK TO THE BED)Ahhh
- ROSE: Wait! Wake up! Do you remember what day is today?
- MARRY: I knoooow, I remember…Sunday isn’t it? Today is…..time to sleep…
- ROSE: Marry!I know today is Sunday..But, don’t tell me you forget the plan.
- MARRY: I remember that…But come on, it’s still morning. Give me more time…
- ROSE: Morning? Whatever. I will wait you at the cake shop in one hour.
- MARRY: Ok, cake shop…One hour…Cake shop…mmm
- ROSE: See you. Remember in one hour ok?
SCENE TWO: EXT. Outside THE CAKE SHOP – ONE HOUR LATER
(NARRATOR, Rose, Marry)
- MUSIC: CLAN BASH.
- NARRATOR: Rose and Marry meet up in the outside of the cake shop.
- SOUND Crowd Talking
- MARRY: (RUNNING TO ROSE) Sorry, I’m late!!
- ROSE: It’s ok. You are always late, so yeahh I’m used to. By the way, Did you bring the things that we have planned?
- MARRY: Yeah, I bring those items. But, I didn’t bring candles.
- ROSE: Why?
- MARRY: Because it’s old fashioned! Come on, put candles in the birthday cake? We’ve gotta do something new!
- ROSE: So, what’s your plan? Hope it’s not too hard
- MARRY: It’s easy, believe me
- ROSE: What should I do?
- MARRY: We’re gonna talk it later. Head to the cake shop first?
- ROSE: Okay…
14. MARRY: Um…yeahh..We don’t need to buy birthday cake
15. ROSE: Because it’s old fashioned?
- MARRY: Yep!
- ROSE: So, what’s your plan? You are just make me more curious
- MARRY: It’s a secret. We’re gonna talk it later. Head to the cake shop!
- ROSE: Ok. It’s up to you
20. NARRATOR: Rose and Marry heads to the cake shop. They buy many cakes, of course except birthday cake
21. ROSE: What have you bought?
22. MARRY: I bought everything that I like
- ROSE: What???
- MARRY: Oh come on. We will eat it later. We should buy the cake that we like
- ROSE: (PAUSE) Whatever
SCENE THREE: INT. MARRY HOUSE – DAY (NARRATOR,MARRY, ROSE)
- NARRATOR Rose and Marry goes to Marry’s house. They
ready to run the plan.
- ROSE: Are you ready for the plan?
- MARRY: Of course, I’m ready. Hey, when she
will come to this house?
- ROSE: Ohh. I forget to call her. Hehe
- MARRY: Just call her anyway
- SOUND: Dial button
- ROSE: Oh, Hallo……Sorry for disturbing
you. But, you know…Marry, she
lost of consciousness!
- ROSE: YURIANI….I don’t know it happened
suddenly. I was hanging out with
her and..Bumm she fainted. I
carried her to her house.So…Hurry
come to her house! What if she
died, and you aren’t in her house?
- ROSE: …What? I’m too exaggerated?Er..Maybe you are
right.So..er..Would you mind coming to her house?
- ROSE: I wasn’t lying. Ok, see you
- MARRY: How did it go?
- ROSE: Dunno. She might come
13. MARRY: Might?
14. ROSE: I don’t know, she seems doesn’t believe me.
15. MARRY: If she doesn’t come, what should we do?
16. ROSE: If THAT happens, Our plans ruined!
17. MARRY: Damn…
- sound: ROSE’S FOOTSTEPS–, STOP.
19 MARRY: Where are you going?
20 ROSE: Restroom. I want to calm my mind
21. MARRY Okaaay……I will wait here
- SOUND: DOOR open, close.
23 MARRY: (TALKING TO HERSELF) Ok, what should I do?
24. MARRY: (LOOKING AT THE CAKES) And, I’m hungry too…
SCENE THREE: INT. MARRY’S HOUSE – MOMENTS LATER
(NARRATOR, ROSE, MARRY)
1. NARRATOR: 30 minutes later, Rose comes back from the restroom. She looks worried. She afraid that her friend won’t come.
2. MARRY: Oh, come on. Keep your chin up. Why we don’t play uno?
3. ROSE: You brought uno?
4. MARRY: Yep
5. ROSE: For what?
6. MARRY: (SMILE)For the situation like this
7. ROSE: You…Ok WE will play uno
8. MARRY: Great!
9. NARRATOR: Rose and Marry plays the uno. They nearly forget about the plans that they have made. And, then.their friend comes to Marry’s house
7. SOUND: DOOR OPEN
8. LILY: What the heck are you guys doing?
9. ROSE: We, we…want to surprise you
10. LILY: Surprise?
11. ROSE: Yeah, for your birthday…
12. LILY: And, what kind of surprise is this?
13. ROSE: We…we think that you won’t come. We bought you, cakes…Your favorite…
14. LILY: Cakes?
- ROSE: Yeah. Marry. The cakes?
16. MARRY: Umm..I have eaten it…
17. ROSE: What?? You have eaten it?!! Why do you always RUIN my plans?
- MARRY: Your plans? We plans! You know, I was hungry. I can’t hold myself
19. ROSE: It’s not the first time! Remember when you eat your uncle’s lunch. And because of that, I was scolded for a day?
20. MARRY: I WAS hungry!
21. ROSE: But…
22. LILY: Hahahahahaha. You guys are so funny. Hahahaha
22. ROSE: Lily..
23. LILY: I knew you guys will throw a surprise birthday party and I knew the plans will be ruined. It’s typical of you guys.
23. ROSE: And the plans ruined because of.
24. MARRY: I know! I know!
25. LILY: But…still…I love you guys. Knowing that you will make a surprise for me, it’s makes me happy. I really really love you guys. Thank you.
26. MARRY: Lilly…
27. LILIY: I bought cakes for you and me. Happy birthday me
28. MARRY: (Smile) Happy birthday Lily
29. ROSE: (Smile) Happy birthday Lily
30. MUSIC: OPPORTUNITIES
31. NARRATOR: And the story ends with happy ending.
-Audacity for helping me edit the radio drama
Word count: 1000 words
Link for work dramatization https://soundcloud.com/nadhifi-islami-putri/the-birthday-1